Search This Blog

Saturday 7 February 2015

An Unforgettable Event in Your Life, by Fatma Taqi Grade 11

Today, the first of september 2009, I am sitting in Hogwarts Express, on my way to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

Two days before that, I was having a normal day with my parents in our house, when an owl suddenly came through the chimney and delivered a letter. It was addressed to me, saying that I am a witch, and I am registered in the mentioned school. It was a big, weird but amazing surprise.

Later on, we visited a place that we have never heard of before, called Diagon Alley. It was an amazing place full of witches and wizards wearing their weird cloaks and hats. I could see strange things everywhere; wands, cauldrons, owls, rats, toads, dragon leather, and all sorts of utterly strange things you could ever imagine. We bought all the things that were written on the list; a wand, school robes, a cauldron, ingredients for potions and other things, using wizards' money.

We got back home, still not believing where we've been just a while back, and what we have bought. I started packing my things, until the first of September finally came. We drove to King's Cross station, and walked through the wall between platform nine and ten, to suddenly find ourselves in platform nine and three quarters. We were really surprised. I hugged my parents, then we said our goodbyes, then I got into the train.

It was a very strange experience, and now, here I am, sitting in Hogwarts Express, thinking about what surprises are yet to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment